The Malopolska Institute of Culture (MIC) is a public governmental body organised as culture institution and funded by Malopolska Region Authority. Institution employing 40 persons (35 full time equivalents).
Mission and aims
The Malopolska Institute of Culture takes up contemporary cultural challenges faced by the region, as well as the integration of Europe. Through our educational, advisory, analytical, and promotional activities, we help cultural sector organizations effectively use their potential. Through long-term cultural projects we encourage people from the region to actively participate in cultural life, thus we contribute to the creation of a civil society. Our activities refer to the cultural heritage of Malopolska as a capital of contemporary cultural life.
Events, platforms and publications
MIC’s activities include tasks for the development of its cultural propositions in the Malopolska region including, in particular:
- Implementation of new solutions for the conduct of cultural activities;
- Promotion of methods for modern culture management, including project management;
- Monitoring of cultural processes in the region;
- Professional training of the cultural sector staff;
- Support, promotion, and documentation of inventive cultural initiatives in the region;
- Creating cooperations between Malopolska cultural institutions and institutions from other regions and European countries